Monday, September 2, 2013

Feet are complete!

I finished the feet this weekend and took advantage of the extra day off for Labor Day to get them painted. I am very happy with how they turned out. When I started putting the side details on a realized that I could put an extra skin of 1mm styrene on the other sides. This corrected some construction defects and the edges where the sides meet the back and the front turned out especially well.

I simplified the half moon construction, since most people won't even notice the missing detail. I filled the small gap between them and the sides with a thin bead of latex caulk which all but disappeared after the final coat of white satin paint.

I started on completing the center foot which had been damaged when I knocked it off my workbench. Doh! I am doing the re-skin process on that one as well. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment