The front foot was very problematic. I had finished the detailing on the sides and built out the skirt only to discover that the skirt was dragging in the back. So I used my Dremel MultiMax to trim some height off the foot skirt, but the caster was also being very flaky. I wound up buying a new rubbery caster at The Home Depot since the plastic one I had was not turning very well and was skittering around. I am still not happy with how the caster performs but it was OK for today's outing.
Kids and parents alike were very excited to see R2. Many wanted to take pictures and some were curious as to how he was built. Some people stopped their cars to get out and look! It was a lot of fun!
I helped my son build a "crashed U.F.O." as well with an extra clear dome like the one I used for R2. He illuminated it witjh lights and had his fog machine cranking out smoke. Good stuff!