Sunday, May 22, 2016

Chrome Dome Painting

After some filling and much sanding, I finally got the dome ready for chrome painting. I used Krylon Aluminum/Metallic Cover Maxx from Wal-Mart, which was recommended by the R2 Builder's group. My first coat turned out dull and splotchy, which I discovered was due to the fact that it was too cold outside when I painted it. Fortunately, the next weekend was warm and sunny, and I let the dome sit in the sun for a while before I started painting. That, along with shaking the crap out of the can of paint helped the next coats turn out quite well. I may do another coat to get a few spots that need a little touchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment