Thursday, October 21, 2010

Outer Skin Test Fit

I got the inner skins glued in place and today at lunch I did a test fit of the inner skins.

It took a little effort to get the skins to fit up to the shoulder hubs, but I am very happy with the results.

Next, I am going to sand and prime and paint some test pieces of styrene to see how much I need to sand the skins. I want everything to be sanded properly before I attached the outer skins.

I am using the 3M VHB tape for Uline to attach the skins. Testing showed that it holds really well and I am looking forward to using something other than super glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment