Sunday, October 30, 2011

R2 Test Drive

I rebuilt the feet and have the Jaycar motors mounted on the styrene mounts according to the blueprints. I had to to bolt some third-party wheel hubs onto the Banebots wheels, but they seem to be pretty sturdy.

The 12V 7Amp motor is plenty powerful. It is going to take some getting used to the controls because it is easy to go too fast and jerk all around.

It was a good test because I discovered that I really need to reinforce the connection between the ankle and the feet. The right foot especially was way too wobbly.

And, I have to figure out how to keep the wheels from falling off the drive motor shaft when the set screw works it way loose. I can only get about 10 minutes of drive time before a wheel falls off. :(


video